Sunday, November 4, 2012

I Only Write After Films

Time for an update, lest this blog become an annual occurrence. I'm sure there would be many tears in that event. My resolve to write is usually eclipsed by my resolve to do 7,000 other things - things that may actually be more valuable. But probably not.

My whining has come full-circle now. I haven't known what the hell to do with my life for the past six years, but now I have a bachelor's degree. The ideas that most incessantly wage duels in my head are these:

1. There are wise men surrounding me who know how to live my life better than I do, and
2. I'm sunk if I can't do anything with the quarter-century of wisdom already bestowed upon me.

The lacking elements of self-actualization flutter in my head with varying levels of clarity. I need to formulate an identity; I need to gain perspective; I need to be content with remaining; I need to do my work. True that, double true.

No comments:

Post a Comment